Saturday, April 07, 2007

Drug Rehabilitation

I do work with some Drug rehabilitation patients at the PT clinic and I've heard some stories about what works and what doesn't. Let me tell you, there's some weird places out there, not to mention some weird people, who think that the best way to rehabilitate is to medicate. I don't think that's the case at all, I think a whole philosophy on changing the whole person, their habits, they way of thinking, in order to re-establish their self needs to take place. That's why when looking at drug rehab places like StoneHawk work because they work on the person's mind, not their body. They let the person figure out what's right, what's wrong, by teaching ethics, morals. No useless group therapy, they empower the person to change for himself.

Personally I think it's the way to go, may not be the place for you but check it out, it's a different approach but one that looks to make positive changes on the person himself.

Enjoy the health review,

-Steve

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa