Sunday, April 01, 2007

Track results roundup for the last couple of weeks

It's the end of my 3rd week of outdoors and I haven't been keeping you guys up to date on my track results lately so I thought I'd change that and list you some meet by meet results.

In Miami, a couple weeks back, I only ran the 1500m, and unfortunately, I didn't run well since my hip was bothering me. I ran a 4:14 in the slow heat, which was 7th in that heat but far from a great time, wasn't too please but I really shouldn't have run it.

The next week however I atoned for my bad races in Wake Forest. I ran 2 races, the 400m on the first day and a 1500m on the second day. I opened up with a 52.4 with was good for a distance runner running the 400m and followed it up with a 4:08 in the 1500m, which wasn't bad since I was getting back into my form in that race. I did identify some weaknesses in that race but hopefully I'll be able to shape up and fix my mistakes.

This last weekend I was at the University of Maryland, in College Park, where I ran the 800m and the 4x400m. The relay was just for a workout, nothing serious or demanding, and I ran a 52.6, not fast but it was cold and late. I did run better in the 800m, where I ran a 1:58.3, but it wasn't that great since I had a slow heat, strong wind on the back stretch, and the race took out way too slow for some really good times.

That's the roundup for now, I'm running at Duke University this weekend, more details soon,

-Steve
Tags: ,

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa