Saturday, February 03, 2007

Just got back from Yale

I have never run a track race in Conneticut nor have I been to Yale so it was interesting when Coach Sandiford took us up there to run today. I had heard the track was fast, since it was a banked 200m Mondo rubber track, but never ran there so I didn't know what to expect. I wished I had more time to explore, since there was a lot of nice facilities and things to see but I was there for business, not pleasure pretty much. Overall I was happy with the track but all wasn't good once I was about to start my first race, the Mile.

We all got up to the line, and there wasn't much space since it's a 4 lane track and once everyone moved up I was pushed in between 2 ppl. That made me off balance and before the gun went off I fell and false started. I wasn't too happy and they DQ'ed me. Oh well I was pissed but there's not much I could do about it.

Next up was the 800m, and while I was still fuming from the Mile I had to set it aside and run the race. I had my former teammates from Canada who had gotten scholarships to Georgetown there watching me and I couldn't let them down. So I went out, ran really nice splits of 56 on the 1st 400 and followed up with a 60 second 2nd 400 and ran a 1:56.79. I finished 3rd but I was set since I had a good heat and we all ran hard. I wonder how that places me in terms of the conference.

Alright more later,

-Steve

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa