Saturday, February 24, 2007

Negatives and Positives at the NYU Last Chance

Yesterday was my last chance to qualify for IC4A's, which is a championship meet where entries get in on time, and unfortunately, I didn't qualify. I had a good shot of making it in the 1000m, I was ranked 8th, was in the fast heat, yet it didn't pan out. I could blame the fact that the WHOLE heat ran slow, no one in the heat made the qualifying standard, but people in the other heat did, so there's really no excuse, I should've gotten up and ran.

The second race of the day was a big positive for me in that I overcame my fear to take the lead and PUSH. I was the lead off leg of the Distance Medley Relay, which is a 1200-400-800-1600 meter relay, so I left it off, and I ran a really solid time of 3:08 for my split. Overall we improved like 6 seconds, but I improved like 8 seconds, so we slowed down as a team apart from me, so we got work to do.

That was the last race of my indoor season, which was a pretty decent season, where I learnt a lot, but it was my last season as a collegiate athlete. Last chance is outdoors, and I got nothing left to lose.

More later,

-Steve

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa